Conference Cancellation & Refund Policy
1. If a registrant is unable to attend an event for any reason they may substitute, by arrangement with the registrar, someone else from the same institute/organisation.
2. If a registrant is unable to attend, and providing the conference organisers are informed in writing by the final date for payment that is displayed on the website for the event in question, a registrant can leave the fee paid with the organisers as payment towards a place at the same event or another Academic Conferences event that takes place in the 12 months following the originally booked event. In the case of a contributing author, the paper will not be published in the Conference Proceedings if the fee is held over for another conference.
3. Where the registrant is unable to attend, and is not in a position to transfer his/her place to another person or to another event, then the following refund arrangements apply:
a. Registrations cancelled more than 30 days before the event will be refunded 60% of the registration fees.
b. Registrations cancelled less than 30 but more than 10 days before the event will be refunded 40% of the registration fees.
c. Registrations cancelled less than 10 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund.
4. Registrations from authors cancelled as a result of a paper not being accepted will be refunded 80% of the registrations fees. The remaining 20% of the fee contributes to administration costs incurred for processing and secretarial work of the committee.
5. Cancellations from authors made after a failed visa application will be refunded 40% of the registration fees, the remainiong covers the costs associated with processing the paper. In this event, the paper will still be published in the conference proceedings and delegates will receive an electronic copy of the proceedings.This cancellation request must rech the ICSS committee at least 15 days prior to the conference date. Otherwise there will be no refund; the registration status of the author(s) will be treated as "Virtual", the paper will be published in proceedings book, in a journal and the certificate will be shipped to the given address.
6. Conference proceedings for registered participants selected Hard Copy Delivery option at the form, who are for whatever reason unable to attend will be mailed by regular post to the address we have on file. This will only be done once. Should you have to withdraw please ensure we have your correct mailing address on file.
7. In the event that printed proceedings have been ordered and the eligible participant is unable to attend, additional postage charges may be applied.
Important note for failed visa applications
Notification must be received by us in writing (email or fax) not later than 10 (ten) working days before the conference starts* for refunds to be eligible. Cancellations received after this cut-off time will not be eligible for refund. * Saturday and Sunday do not count as working days.
Refunds will be made in the following ways:
1. For payments received by credit or debit cards, the same credit/debit card will be refunded.
2. For all other payments, a bank transfer will be made to the payee nominated account.
Please note: For payments received by bank transfer, the refund will be made by bank transfer and all bank charges will be for the registrants account.
The policy as stated on this page is valid from July 2017.